KTS Insurance Agency Ltd is a fully-fledged subsidiary of Kitui Teachers Sacco (DT) Limited was incorporated in the year 2021. The Agency is licensed by Insurance Regulatory Authority to transact in both life and non-life insurance products. KTS Insurance Agency has partnered with leading & reputable Insurance companies in the region to offer comprehensive, innovative and competitively priced insurance products and services.
KTS insurance agency offers a wide variety of products and services not limited to the following:-
- Designing relevant and appropriate Insurance products for your property, life, motor vehicles, school, church, home, liabilities, animal, crop and health.
- Negotiating competitive pricing and extensive coverage of insurance products.
- Claims management services; Ensuring efficient processing, follow up and settlement of claims.
- Arrange premium financing (IPF).
- Offer professional insurance advisory through training, workshops, seminar etc.
- Vetting insurance companies to ensure your institutions insurable risks are placed with financially sound organizations that have an excellent claims settlement track record.
Designed to cover business premises, contents and stocks. Suitable for all business people. It Cover property against fire, damage by water, theft, Sabotage, mutiny, rebellion, malicious damage, political violence and Terrorism etc.
Home Insurance Cover
This is a comprehensive protection for home owners or tenants against loss or damage to domestic buildings and/contents by fire, lightning, explosion, riot and strike, civil commotion, malicious damage, theft, burglary, all types of water damage etc. Home insurance has the following sections:
- All contents in the house i.e. Electronics, Furniture, clothing etc.
- All risks – Movable items like Laptop, tablet, I pad, PlayStation, jewelry, Camera etc.
- WIBA – Covers domestic employees against death, injury while at your custody.
- Owners & occupiers Liability – Protects home or house owner against legal liabilities
this policy covers loss or damage to money by robbery or theft whilst:
- In transit from your premises to the bank and vice versa
- In your premises during business hours
- In your premises in locked safes/strong rooms outside business hours
- In the hands of senior employees/authorized personnel of the company
- Damage to safes and /or strong rooms
This policy is ideal for institutions handling money such as Banks, Mpesa shops, betting shops, and jewelry dealers.
Designed to cover risks of loss or damage from fortuitous causes. Suitable for all customers transporting goods by sea or air. It gives cover against: Sinking, Stranding, Fire, Collision, Sea water, Heavy weather, Contact, Explosion, Damage during discharge or loading Special charges incurred at the point of distress etc.
Designed to provide indemnity to the insured in respect of the financial consequence of legal liabilities towards third parties arising out of business activities. When liabilities arise, damages or compensation becomes payable. Suitable for public, employers and professionals.
The main classes of liability insurances are:
- Public liability – Claims arising from third parties with respect to accidental bodily injury, or accidental loss of or damage to third party property.
- Employers’ liability – Claims arising from legal liability in respect of accidental death, bodily injury or illness/disease to employees arising out of and in the course of employment.
- Professional Indemnity – Provides cover to the professional against the enormous costs of litigation as well as financial damages that may be awarded on a law suit for errors or omissions that may occur in the course of performance of their duties. This policy is suitable for Lawyers, Doctors, Architects, Accountants e.t.c.
- Product liability – legal liabilities for accidental injury to third parties or damage to their property caused by products sold, supplied, repaired or tested by the insured. This policy is suitable for hotels, food manufacturers, fertilizer manufacturers, etc.
Contractors All Risks Insurance
covers the contractor for loss or damage from insured perils that may occur during construction for buildings, roads, bridges, dams, and other like infrastructure.
This policy is ideal for civil engineers, construction companies in property development and maintenance of bridges, roads, dams, sewerage and other infrastructural erection.
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance
- Machinery breakdown insurance provides cover against sudden and unforeseen physical loss or damage to the insured machinery.
This covers the cost of repairing or replacing indemnifiable breakdown or losses to machinery.
Plate Glass Insurance
The policy provides indemnity to the insured against loss and/or destruction/damage to glass by accident or misfortune of a fortuitous nature. Cover can be arranged for glass windows, cabinet glass, display signs, fixed glass and glass partitions on premises.
Consequential loss/Business interruption/Loss of profits Insurance
This policy covers the lost income/profit which would have been achieved by the business if the interruption due to material damage had never happened.
This policy is ideal for, rentals, schools and colleges, professional firms such as estate agents, solicitors, accountants & doctors, manufacturing companies, storage companies and traders of stocks.
Transit of goods
This policy provides cover for loss or damage of goods while in transit by road, rail or any inland waterway within the geographical area set out in the policy.
This policy is ideal for transport companies, individual transporters and logistics companies involved in transportation of letters or package.
This is a policy designed to protect against loss of or damage to vehicles owned.
Below are the scope of motor insurance policies;
- Third Party Only (TPO): This is the basic and minimum cover available. It provides for liability to third parties in respect of death of/bodily injury and damage to third party property arising out of or caused by use of insured’s motor vehicle.
- Third Party, Fire and Theft (TPF&T): In addition to TPO cover, this level of cover extends to indemnify the insured against damage to the motor vehicle arising out of fire, burglary or theft.
- Comprehensive: This is a superior cover that in addition the TPF&T extends to cover any other accidental damage to the vehicle including collision, overturning, effects of floods, earthquakes etc.
- Private vehicles
Suitable for private car owners
- Commercial vehicles
Suitable for School vans/buses, Church vans/buses, tuk tuk, pickups, trucks both General cartage, own goods vehicles
- Public Service vehicles
PSV chauffer driven etc.
- Special type vehicles
Suitable for excavators, tractors, forklift, graders etc.
- Motorcycle Insurance ( Private)
Private motorcycle used for social, domestic and personal business use.
This covers surgical and medical expenses incurred as a result of illness or injury or accidents. The policy takes care of your medical needs ranging from Inpatient, Outpatient, Dental, Optical and Maternity cover.
It is suitable for Individuals, families, groups and corporate bodies.
This is a composite product that provides insurance security to Small and Medium Sized enterprises from various risks relating to their businesses.
The policy provides protection against;
- Fire and perils Insurance
- Burglary Insurance
- Business Interruption
- All Risks
- Goods in Transit
- Electronic equipment
- Machinery breakdown
- Fidelity guarantee
- Money insurance
- Personal accident
- Public liability
- Political violence and terrorism
Last Respect Insurance.
This is a funeral Insurance policy that is designed to meet the funeral costs in the untimely death of a member under the cover. The benefit is paid with 48 hours of death. It can be taken by individuals, groups, companies and corporates.
For families it covers the principle member, spouse and up to 4 children. Additional nuclear members, parents and parents in law can be included at an extra premium. The policy has an age limit is 75 years.
Personal Accident Insurance
This policy provides monetary payments in the event of bodily injury sustained by the insured. The injury must be caused solely and directly by an accident and which may lead to incurring medical expenses, physical impairment, and disablement or in death. The cover has been designed to provide cover for 24 hour.
Credit life Insurance
This policy is designed to cover a borrowers debt in case the borrower dies or is permanently disabled.
The policy is suitable for financial institution advancing loans etc.
Group life assurance
This is a single contract cover for an entire group of people. Typically the policy holder is the employer who covers the employees or members of the group while in service in accordance to the benefits specified in the policy.
The policy is suitable for all employers.
This policy is designed to cover borrowers in the event of death or permanent disability within the mortgage repayment period.
The policy is suitable for all customers taking mortgage loans.